- Speakers must submit their presentation ONE DAY before their session.
- Personal laptops may not be used.
- File Name: 'presentation time_last name' (eg. 1420_Sandeman.pptx)
- PowerPoint 2010 and PDF presentations will be accepted.
Submit your presentation either:
- Prior to the conference, submit by email to Kelly Pierce (if smaller than 15mb) or request FTP instructions
- Monday Night (Nov. 14) at the Ice Breaker, 8-10pm
- Tuesday to Thursday (Nov. 15-17) outside of Theatre 1 - Capitol Theatre
- Early morning (before 10 am) presenters are strongly encouraged to submit the day before.
- Presentations are allotted 20 minutes (15 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for questions and transitioning)
- Timing of presentations will be closely monitored by the session chairpersons to keep parallel sessions synchonized
- Presentation files can be deleted immediately following the session upon request
- Presenters will have access to a podium equipped with a reading light, laptop controls, stationary and wireless microphones, and a laser pointer
- Presenters are encouraged introduce themselves to their session chairpersons and familiarize themselves with the presentation area prior to their session
Tips for Successful Presentations
- Videos - Do not embed videos in your presentation, these will not work properly. If you must use videos, link to the video file from PowerPoint and include the associated video file (e.g. avi, mpeg). Advise Kelly Pierce a day ahead of your presentation of any videos so that the functionality can be verified.
- Pictures - Use 'Insert Picture' to include images in your presentation. Copy/Paste greatly increases the file size of your presentation which may affect functionality.
- Symbols/Unconventional Fonts - Embed symbols and unique fonts in PowerPoint by selecting 'File--Options--Save--Embed fonts in the file'.
- Mac Users - Save your presentation as a PowerPoint 2010 File (*.pptx or *.ppsx). Please check your presentation on a PC prior to submission. Speakers may not use their own laptops.
Contact Kelly Pierce,Technical Coordinator, with questions about your presentation.